Toy Story 2 Action Game
Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!
Come in Star Command! Woody has been toy-napped, and it’s up to you tolead Buzz on a rescue mission to save him. Maneuver through 15 3-D worlds andbattle the Evil Emperor Zurg and his robot army. Get ready, Space Ranger, it’stime to put your training to the ultimate test.
- Spin, spring, somersault and blast your way through key movie locations from Andy’s house to AI’s Toy Barn.
- Unlock Buzz’s awesome arsenal to complete your missions, like Anti-Gravity Boots and Homing Disk Launcher.
- Battle devious enemies like the Prospector, Slime Monster, and ultimately, the Evil Emperor Zurg!
- Join forces with Mr. Potato Head, Hamm, Rex, Slinky Dog, RC Car and others to rescue Woody.
- Featuring Woody, Hamm, Rex and all the classic and new Toy Story characters.
- High-resolution 3-D graphics and impressive sound.
- 15 immense worlds to explore, including 5 intense Boss battles.
- Dozens of cool moves, including Buzz’s zip line slide and torso spin attack.
- A full arsenal! Rocket Jet Boots, Grappling Hook, Cosmic Shield and more.
- Dozens of movie clips, plus special “reward” clips.
- Original character voices from the movie.
- Supports most 3-D accelerator cards.
- Windows 95, 98
- Pentium 200 MHz processAmazon.com ReviewThough it may not appeal to many adult gamers, Disney’s Toy Story 2 Action Game is a solid arcade game. The title combines the style and humor of the movie with 3-D platform-game elements you would normally find in a video game. In fact, the exact same game is also available for the PlayStation and Nintendo 64 game consoles, and its video-game roots are often clearly visible.
Players take control of Buzz Lightyear in his quest to rescue Woody from the evil clutches of Al, the toy collector. The game is played from a third-person perspective and is more like Super Mario 64 than Tomb Raider. Many of the 15 levels–most of which revolve around actual locations from the movie–are straightforward, but offer numerous bonus items and secret areas to explore. In order to make it through the entire game, Buzz has to perform many difficult jumps, climb trees, zap evil toys with his laser, and interact with all of his toy pals to get clues.Much like the movie, the game’s primary audience is kids (ages 8 and older); adults may tire of the arcade-style jumping and climbing action in short order. Still, for parents searching for a family-friendly computer game–and one that wonderfully re-creates the environments and characters of a great Disney movie–Toy Story 2 Action Game is a great bet. –Michael E. Ryan
- Includes video clips from the movie
- Lots of fun for fans of the movie, especially kids
- Good graphics
- Graphics are good, but they are not cutting-edge
- May be too simplistic for older players