Muramasa: The Demon Blade
- Three progressively more difficult game modes: Unmatched Mode, Carnage Mode and Insane Death Mode.
- A unique action RPG, from the makers of Odin Sphere, with a story pulled from Japanese mythology.
- Entrancing 2D animation with the look of beautiful hand-drawn watercolor painting.
- Playable characters including a male ninja or female kunoichi, both possessing a wide variety of ninja skills necessary for progression through the levels in not only side-scrolling fashion, but vertical progression elements as well.
- Controller support for both the Wii Remote and the Nintendo Classic Controller.
A number of cursed blades exist throughout the world. Blades that thirst for blood the moment they’re drawn. Even those blades thought to be holy slowly become corrupted over time as they are used in hatred and drenched in blood. Those who wield these blades slowly become homicidal. The curses laid on these blades are said to condemn those who use them to tragic and untimely deaths. It is in the Genroki era, a period of time in which the shogun Tsumayoshi Tokogawa reigned, that the force of the damned began to emerge, threatening the peace and prosperity that had long existed in the world. The cursed blades became the focus of the greed, self-righteousness, and arrogance of those who’d gain possession of them, and inevitably it was these conflicting desires that led to war. As the flames of chaos and disaster spread, denizens from the netherworld were dragged into the confusion as not only the evil spirits were summoned by the swords, but the Dragon and Demon Gods as well. How will the destinies of those drawn to these cursed blades unfold?
Amazon.com Product Description
|The creators of the acclaimed PlayStation 2 hit, Odin Sphere, return with the single player, action RPG, Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Steeped in the ancient mythology of Japan, Muramasa: The Demon Blade tells a tale of possessed souls, forgotten pasts and unimaginable destinies. A Wii exclusive, filled with expertly hand animated graphics and gameplay that transitions seamlessly between player-controlled elements and story sequences it is an adventure only to be experienced on the Wii.|
Two Heroes are thrust into this treacherous climate-Kisuke, a brave young lad who’s lost his memory, and Momohime, a lithe female ronin possessed by a dark spirit. They must venture across the dangerous countryside, in a race to collect the swords before the vile shogun can reach them. Watch as the destinies of those drawn to these cursed blades unfolds, as dragon and demon gods from the underworld appear to challenge those who wield them. Who will you encounter? Friend or foe? Find out in Muramasa: The Demon Blade.
Key Game Features