|With 2010 FIFA World Cup EA Sports celebrates the single largest sporting event on the planet with the only official and exclusively licensed video game for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa. Featuring all 199 national teams that took part in qualification and all 10 officially licensed stadiums to be used in South Africa, tournament creation allowing for 32 participants, and 4-player multiplayer support online and offline, 2010 FIFA World Cup is an experience not to missed by soccer fans and those new to the game alike.|
The World’s Game Comes Alive on Wii
In Electronic Arts’ 2010 FIFA World Cup players take on the ultimate footling challenge, to lead your home nation in the official 2010 FIFA World Cup tournament, from the group stage through the knockout rounds to a virtual re-creation of the championship final. Presented in an art style that celebrates the cultural vibrancy of the first FIFA World Cup to be held in South Africa and in true-to-life detail, including confetti rain, streamers, and fireworks, 2010 FIFA World Cup features all 10 official licensed stadiums in South Africa and all 199 national teams that took part in qualification. Through it the stage is set for 32 friends to compete for the chance to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Score the goal that lifts your nation to victory and mark the occasion with user-controlled celebrations. 2010 FIFA World Cup features nonstop football action that pits you against friends or the CPU in head-to-head challenges utilizing the Strike It System. Shake the Wii Remote perfectly in order to either score or defend free-kicks, penalties, and corners, creating frantic competition on the pitch. Even goal kicks have been enhanced to showcase one-on-one battles.
Key Game Features
- Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup – Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Play the Official Tournament with Friends – You and up to 31 friends can re-create the official tournament. Choose a country and advance through the tournament by taking on and defeating your friends one at a time to write your own history.
- Multiplayer Action – Enjoy extensive multiplayer functionality, including 4-player versus support both online and offline.
- Spectacular Presentation – 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
- Global Elimination Tournament – Compete in Global Elimination, a multiplayer, knockout-style tournament against up to three friends. Draft and strategically select countries to play as, create alliances and gang-up on rivals until only one player is declared the winner.
- Build Zakumi’s Dream Team – Take on all 32 countries who have qualified for the World Cup in head-to-head matches with challenges. Begin with random players and then steal your opponents’ players after each victory. Win a challenge and pick a player until you have conquered the world. Take your Dream Team to a friend’s house on your Wii Remote.
- Strike It System – Nonstop football action pits you against friends in head-to-head challenges utilizing the Strike It System. Shake the Wii-mote perfectly in order to either score or defend free-kicks, penalties, and corners, creating frantic action on the pitch.
- User-controlled Celebrations – Score a goal and then use the +Control Pad to pull off celebrations and admire your performance via a new close-in camera that really delivers the emotion of each goal scored.
- Earn Awards – For the first time on Wii, earn awards by scoring goals or completing tasks.
- Pick-up-and-Play Controls – New, accessible control scheme option enables even newcomers to video games to compete for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Choose to play the style that best suits your skills, from All-Play for novices to Pro Control for experienced players.
- Authentic Stadiums – Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.