Call of Duty: World at War
- Set in the Pacific Theater of World War II
- Online multiplayer
- Squadmate mode allows for a second player to “cover” the first player
- Wii Zapper support
- Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Wafare technology
Call of Duty: World at War changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into one of the most tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen in WWII. Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare technology, Call of Duty: World at War brings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climatic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics. Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle. From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth as players employ new features that previously were only-available in multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up-to full four-player cooperative gameplay. New infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the potent flamethrower, bring the battlefield ablaze.
Building on the Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War thrusts players into the ruthless and gritty chaos of WWII combat and challenges them to band together to survive the most harrowing and climactic battles in both the European and Pacific theaters. The title re-defines WWII games by offering an uncensored experience with unique enemies, jawdropping fire power like the flamethrower, and combat variety, including Kamikaze fighters, ambush attacks, Banzai charges and cunning tactics, as well as explosive on-screen action through all new cooperative gameplay.
- Multiplayer – Call of Duty: World at War supports intense, online multiplayer action using the Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare engine. Bringing multiplayer to the Wii for the first time in the Call of Duty franchise, players will be able battle it out in a variety of game types, plus upgrade and customize characters by using perks and completing challenges.
- Squadmate Mode – This single-screen cooperative mode lets players team up to play alongside friends and family. At any moment, a second Wii Remote can be activated, giving the second player their own aiming crosshair to provide cover and added firepower while fighting alongside their Squadmate.
- Combat-Look – Call of Duty: World at War includes “Combat-Look” technology – as the player runs through the game’s diverse environments and topographies, the vertical line of sight discreetly adapts to keep players focused on the battlefield without having to radically adjust for uphill/downhill grade variations in the terrain. This system still allows complete freedom and mobility for targeting and results in a smoother and more playable Wii experience.
- Wii Zapper Support – Call of Duty: World at War fully supports Nintendo’s Zapper controller through a customized game setting that allows the entire game, including multi-player, to be played with the Zapper. This customized setting adds a new way to play by incorporating unique gestures and button layouts that add to the Call of Duty experience.