Flight Simulator X: Acceleration
Microsoft Flight Simulator X is the culmination of nearly 25 years of the landmark Flight Simulator franchise—the most significant addition to date.
Flight Simulator X immerses you in a beautifully rich and realistic world with dozens of aircraft and interactive Missions for a completely new and innovative gaming experience. Free Flight lets you fly anywhere in the world, from your hometown airport to the most exotic places you’ve ever dreamed of.
Gamers and simmers of all ages and skill levels feel firsthand what it’s like to be an aviator traveling the globe solo or online with others.
* Multiplayer Racing Mode. "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" will offer the thrilling new multiplayer racing mode that will allow gamers to compete against friends with four types of racing including real-world and fictional Red Bull Air Race courses, the unlimited Reno National Championship course, as well as cross country, competition sailplane courses and fictional courses like the Hoop and Jet Canyon course.. Gamers will be able to test their skills in three different levels of difficulty from simple pylon racing to racing very challenging courses in a variety of weather conditions.
* DirectX 10. "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" will continue to build on the rich visual foundation of "Flight Simulator X," taking advantage of Windows Vista and DirectX 10 to deliver breathtaking graphics and dynamic environments for a truly immersive experience. Use of DX10 graphics is optional.
* New Missions. "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" will offer more than 20 new missions that will allow gamers test their skills at tasks ranging from a fighter jet test pilot to search and rescue.
* New Aircraft. "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" will allow pilots to fly through highly detailed scenery in three new aircraft including the F/A-18A Hornet, P-51D Mustang, EH-101 helicopter
* Connected World. "Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" continues to take advantage of "Flight Simulator X's" online game capabilities allowing gamers to race against friends as they interact with other aviators from around the globe by chatting in real-time via headset and keyboard.
* Games for Windows franchise. This expansion pack will also ship as a Games for Windows title with easier installation, reliability standards and support for key features of Windows Vista®, including the Games Explorer and Parental Controls.
Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
Processor: 1.0 Ghz
RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
Hard Drive: 14GB
Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible
Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones
Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play
Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Screenshots
Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Trailer
Release Date: 23 October 2007