Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition
* Extensive course on the basics of chess taught by International Chess Master Josh Waitzkin.
* Tutorials from Josh Waitzkin's groundbreaking book The Art of Learning.
* Attacking Chess course commentary by Grandmaster Larry Christiansen.
* Famous Games: 900 of chess's most important games presented and analyzed.
* 600,000 game database.
* Coverage of all classic and modern opening variations.
* Training mode: Play one of many predefined opponents and analyze your game.
* Ranked Play: Test your skills against a variety of opponents and establish your rating.
* Play one of 50 predefined tournaments or create your own.
* Set up a position to solve chess problems or reproduce famous positions.
* Play with a friend via Internet or LAN connection.
* Play rated and unrated games, tournaments, ladders, simultaneous exhibitions, watch other matches, set up/take chess lessons via LAN or Internet.
* Play one of 12 new chess variants including Limited Shuffle, Shuffle, Giveaway, Marseilles, Progressive, and Pocket Knight.
* Play correspondence chess.
Windows Vista®/Windows® XP (only)
256 MB (512 MB recommended)
32 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant video card (128 MB recommended)
DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card optional
DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)
16x CD-ROM or faster
Hard Drive Space:
600 MB (2.3 GB recommended)
56 Kbps or faster for Internet or LAN play (broadband recommended)
Mouse, keyboards, headsets, ultra 3D glasses (not included)
Supported Video Cards at Time OF Release:
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3/4/FX/6/7/8 series (GeForce4 MX NOT supported)
ATI® Radeon® 7500/8000/9000/X series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date minimum requirement listings
Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition Screenshots
Release Date: 30 October 2007