Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
If the previous FPS game offering didn’t float your boat (it should!) then how about an RTS? Not just any RTS mind, a bloody good one. Company of Heroes is an excellent RTS that still manages to stay fresh and unique even though its set in WWII which is a time period that’s being flogged by games developers at the moment. Today the official expansion pack for Company of Heroes called Opposing fronts has been made available to you by the jokers at group PROCYON. This new expansion pack mainly brings into play two new factions the British 2nd Army and the German Panzer Elite each with their own new campaign. This means lots of new weapons, vehicles and tactics for you to get your teeth into.
In typical fashion for this group the NFO doesn’t really include much information except for how to install and play (at least there is none of their typical normal ramblings) which is a little annoying as i think they have left out a few steps. Mount the image in Damon Tools as stated in the NFO and then grab the YASU tool (google it) and activate it. You might need to additionally block the game or disconnect from the internet. That should trick the copy protection into starting Opposing Fronts.
I have also read in a few places that this is standalone expansion pack which would mean that it can be played without having the original Company of Heroes installed. However i can not confirm this. The mulitplayer will also NOT work with the key provided so if you want this feature you need to buy a legit copy. If you are not familiar with game scene groups PROCYON are a CLONE group meaning that their releases require additional programs to get working (in most cases Daemon Tools). A fully cracked release should follow soon to lay the smack down on the SecuROM prot. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that RELOADED will crack it. Let’s wait and see. . Anyway you can download and enjoy this PROCYON release and when the cracked version comes you can simply leech the crack instead of downloading the whole image again. Have fun soliders!
BTW i find it a little strange the game publishers would include copy protection scheme for this add on when the original game had no copy protection at all! Weirdo’s…
Update: Some are reporting that you need a real online account to get this working. I’m not to sure. I would suggest you wait until it has been confirmed or denied that you can actually play this release or hold tight for another version.
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is the next chapter in the critically acclaimed Company of Heroes series. Players take command of the German Panzer Elite as they struggle against the might of Operation Market Garden, or lead the British 2nd Army in the vicious battle for Caen, France. This standalone title features two unique armies with full length campaigns, new multiplayer modes, Microsoft DirectX® 10 support, mission persistence, improved vehicle and soldier AI, enhanced physics, and a dynamic weather system. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is fully compatible with Company of Heroes, allowing players to wage war with four unique armies.
* 2 New Armies: Opposing Fronts introduces 2 new armies to the battlefields of Company of Heroes. Command the dogged British 2nd Army or take charge of the pride of the Werhmacht, the Panzer Elite. Each army introduces a new play style and explosive new abilities!
* Two Full Single Player Campaigns: Play as the Germans! Fight for the Liberation of Caen as the British. Repel the largest Airborne operation in history as the Panzer Elite during Operation Market Garden. For the first time, players get to play as the Germans in Single-Player!
* Multiplayer-Compatible with Company of Heroes! Opposing Fronts takes the battle online with full-multiplayer compatibility with the original Company of Heroes for a total of four unique armies.
* Company of Heroes Evolved: Pushing Real Time Strategy further with single-player mission persistence, dynamic weather and lighting that directly affects combat. New vehicle path finding, meta-formations, AI and physics enhancements, and new MP modes such as objective-based missions make Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts the most exciting RTS game ever!
* Windows® XP or Vista.
* SSE capable processor, 2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent. 512 MB RAM.
* DirectX 9.0c compatible
* 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers.
* DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card.
* DVD-ROM drive. Keyboard, Mouse. 6.5 GB of uncompressed free hard drive space (Recommend additional 1 gigabyte of free space after installation).
* 1 GB RAM required for Multiplayer and Skirmish.
Download Company of Heroes Demo
Download Company of Heroes Trainer
Unlimited Manpower, Munitions, Fuel, Command Points; Instant Build, Remove Population Cap. All cheats affect the PLAYER ONLY, not the enemy. Made exclusively for Cheat Happens. Written for the original (unpatched) version of the game. May not work with all versions. Read coh.txt file with Notepad for important instructions on using the trainer.
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Screenshots
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Trailer
Release Date: 24 September 2007